About This Office
To serve the University community by (1) transforming data into accurate, timely, usable, transparent information (2) communicating as the official supplier of institutional information to internal and external constituencies (3) insuring the integrity of institutional performance indicators.
IRPOA provides leadership in data management, evaluation and reporting to the campus community and external constituencies including
- Providing information for decision-making, planning and other purposes to the campus community, fulfilling reporting needs to governmental and regulatory entities and serving the information needs of the external community.
- Formulating policies and procedures essential to effective data management.
- Facilitating the coordination and development of outcomes assessment activities and reporting.
State, Federal and Regulatory Agency Reporting
Federal reporting - Department of Education –
- IPEDS (for National Center for Education Statistics): Fall, Winter, Spring Collections includes preliminary fall student enrollment, 12-month enrollment, human resources data, finance data, final fall enrollment, student financial aid, retention and graduation rates.
- Title III & V Certifications.
- National Postsecondary Student Aid Study.
State reporting –
- HED student data reports: Summer, Fall, Spring.
- Spring includes the following Data Editing And Reporting (DEAR) files: Student-Course File, Course File & Cluster totals Report, Student File, Financial Aid File, Degree File, Transfer Credit File.
- NM Accountability in Government Act reports to LFC and DGA.
- NM Council of University Presidents Performance Effectiveness Report.
- Special Reports requested by the HED.
- Ad Hoc NM Legislative data requests.
Other Yearly Reporting
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Institutional Update.
- NCAA Athletic Student Graduation Rate Report.
- National Postsecondary Student Aid Study – Department of Education.
Campus Data Support
- Ad hoc data requests.
- Enrollment Reports.
- Retention Reports.
- Student Tracking Reports.
- Grants/contracts data support.
- Living the Vision Project data support.
- Budget Committee Data Support.
- Fact Book.
- Quick Facts Brochure.
- Academic and Non-Academic Outcomes Assessment Reports.
- Higher Learning Commission Institutional Snapshot.
- Data support for college/program accreditation – AACSB, ABET, etc.
- Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange Yearly Update.
- National Research Council Ph.D. Program Ranking Project.
- Voluntary System of Accountability College Portrait.
- Evaluation of Living the Vision Performance Fund Projects (Budget Committee).
- Performance Appraisals for 2-year Campuses, Colleges, Upper Level Administration.
- CIP Code Assignments.